Monday, January 09, 2006

A couple more worth mentioning ...

Brendan Benson – Spit it Out
Detroit singer who is pretty damned good, his album The Alternative to Love is another one of this year’s good albums. Good hooks, I’m a sucker for them every time. Honorable Mention – What I’m Looking for, Warm Hands (Cold Heart).
www.brendanbenson.com/

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Ain’t No Easy Way
From their “Howl” record, I really enjoy this track … it’s a very simple song with very simple lyrics. It’s got a great beat that makes you want to stamp your feet along with it. Howl is a good album, not what I expected, but after a couple listens it grew on me. Honorable Mention – Weight of the World.
www.blackrebelmotorcycleclub.com/

Audioslave – Doesn’t Remind Me
Is it just me or does Chris Cornell do the weirdest things in the world just so he doesn’t get reminded of things? Driving backwards in the fog .. dude, youre freaking crazy. Good song from the Audioslave lads with the strong guitar from Morello, good hook and chorus. This is another one of those songs that sticks in your head ... and unfortunately has been played to death by any modern rock. Honorable Mention – Um, how about Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine? You like that side boob? Cause that’s MY side boob!
http://www.audioslave.com/main/

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I love the Alternative to Love!! I enjoyed your post. Keep blogging!!

This is Nancy from Israeli Uncensored News

1:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home