Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Top Tracks 18 - 14

18. The Sun – Say Goodbye
This song starts out kinda slow and meandering … okay so nothing special right? Well, check it out at about 2:30 or so .. I think its a great tune. Really, good album by these guys … one of my favs this year. Honorable Mention – Romantic Death, We Tried, Must Be You
http://www.milkandcookies.com/article/2939/ - A funny video that they made of all kinds of people’s “O, O” faces (Yes, that is an Office Space reference).

17. Spoon – Sister Jack
Great track from their album “Gimmie Fiction”. They also have a couple other decent tunes off the same album, this song however was definitely the standout song for me. This is still to this day in heavy rotation on my ipod. Honorable Mention – I Summon You, I Turn My Camera On.
http://www.matadorrecords.com/spoon/music.html

16. Gorillaz – Feel Good Inc.
At first this I thought this song was really weird, then I thought you know what weird is good. Same with the album, the Gorillaz crew is very different and but that alright by me. Honorable Mention – DARE, Dirty Harry, pretty much the whole dang album.
www.gorillaz.com/

15. Shout Out Louds – Very Loud
Awesome, Awesome song. Check it out kids ... lots of fun. Honorable Mention – The Comeback, Hurry Up, Lets Go
www.shoutoutlouds.com/

14. The Kaiser Chiefs – I Predict a Riot
I remember the first time I heard this song; It was really hard to find a good quality version of it on the net the file I had was a little grainy. Poor Quality or not, as soon as that big rambling “I Predict a Riot” chorus hit I was sold. Tight album too. I just recently got the Enjoyment DVD and it appears that they are solid live (not that they will ever be in Ottawa). I look forward to big things from these lads. Honorable Mention – Oh My God, Everyday I Love You Less and Less, Born to be a Dancer.
www.kaiserchiefs.co.uk/

Stay Tuned ... More to Come.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Hi there,
Interesting blog - and great music taste. I have one for you - Check out Ryebender's new release Hollow & Drifting. Critically aclaimed new band of American, Roots Rock. www.myspace.com/ryebender.
Keep up the good blogs and hope you enjoy!

6:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home